Under general direction of the Engineering Department; position will be responsible for various painting projects around the facilities. Position will also assist in variety of non-skilled engineering duties as events require.
- Mixes and matches paint, and prepares surfaces for painting by scraping, burning, sanding, and filling nail holes and cracks
- Applies paint with brush, roller, and spray equipment; uses paint, varnishes, enamels and stains for building interiors and exteriors, furniture, concrete, parking lots, and other materials;
- Cleans brushes and other equipment used
- Rigs scaffolding and works off a ladder & lift
- Maintain inventory of paint and supplies. Order and pickup paint as needed.
- Keeps in good communication with lead engineer regarding arrival, location and departure
- Maintain accurate records of labor time, parts/paint used, work accomplished through daily logs, micro-main and allocation sheets.
- Clearly, effectively and timely communicate work issues with Engineering and Operations staff.
- Perform Maintenance Technician and/or Carpenter duties/tasks as assigned.
- Assists with event engineering needs as required including, but not limited to, laying power, unlocking doors, taking radio calls.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated experience as a painter
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet tight deadlines with limited direction
- Knowledge of essential tools and equipment used in painting and general maintenance
- General familiarity with OSHA requirements desired
- Strong attention to detail and can work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally & in writing in the English language
- Ability to report for emergencies as required
- Flexibility availability to work long hours, overnights, weekends and holidays