The Operations Manager provides direct supervision to hourly Operations personnel, specifically in the areas of housekeeping, facility sets, Arena operations, ice management and Fieldhouse operations. Under the direction of the Director of Operations independently oversees the daily operation of the facility including assigning work activities, overseeing projects & programs, safety, sanitation, facility sets and equipment maintenance. Participate in the administration of the Operations budget.
This position is based at the Xtream Arena & GreenState Family Fieldhouse. The 5,100 seat multi-purpose Xtream Arena is called home by the University of Iowa Women’s Volleyball team. The 32,000 sq ft GreenState Family Fieldhouse is home to 5 hardwood courts primarily used for basketball and volleyball. The Xtream Arena and GreenState Family Fieldhouse is owned by the community development corporation ArenaCo and managed by Spectra Venue Management. The Xtream Arena and GreenState Family Fieldhouse are currently under construction and scheduled to open in August 2020. You can learn more about our venue here: www.xtreamarena.com
- Assists the Director of Operations in the overall daily operation and maintenance of XTREAM Arena and the Fieldhouse, supporting the Operation of the Coral Ridge ice rink as required.
- Works on-site to plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for Arena & Fieldhouse operations
- Meet with staff to direct day-to-day operations, assign work activities, monitor workflow, review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Create and communicate the employee schedule
- Prepare and seek bids for contracted services
- Represent the Operations Department in the absence of the Director of Operations
- Interview, hire, train, motivate, discipline, evaluate department employees; correct deficiencies, maintain a position teamwork environment
- Ensure staff is working safely, efficiently and aware of proper safety guidelines along with training on health and chemical safety and PPE
- Meet with staff to identify and resolve issues, investigate employee concerns or safety issues reported
- Manage and oversee termination / exiting proceedings as required
- Oversee and support ice management and facility maintenance as required
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility operations
- Participate in the development and administration of the Operations Department budget; forecasting expenditures related to staffing, equipment, materials and supplies
- Monitor and approve expenditures throughout the year; implementing adjustments as necessary
- Administers contracts with outside vendors and orders supplies / materials for maintenance programs
- Provides excellent guest service assistance to all clients, tenants, internal and external guests
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s in Facility Management, Sports Management, Event Management or similar field
- Two or more years’ experience in a facility operation supervision position. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills and principles
- Experience supervising a large team of employees preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with a computer in a Windows format including Word, Excel, Outlook and typing skills
- Familiarity with OSHA / CDC requirements and event needs
- Possess a valid Driver’s License or ability to acquire
- Ability to work a varied event-driven schedule including days, late evenings, weekends and holidays
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.