*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager supervises and coordinates the set-up, operations, housekeeping, equipment and grounds for Rio Rancho Events Center; oversee all building changeovers and post cleans while providing highly responsible staff assistance. Supervises part-time employees and has the authority to make recommendations for hiring and firing of employees.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of Rio Rancho Events Center including event set-up and tear down, building changeovers and custodial services.
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations, select, train, schedule, motivate and evaluate operations staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; oversee all part time staff.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work of part time operations staff; assign work activities and annual projects.
- Monitor part-time event staff hours using eTime; allocate hours to each event worked; approve time worked at the end of each pay period.
- Oversee the set-up of events; coordinate building set up with Event Manager; coordinate facility arrangements with concessionaires; manage all event specific equipment;
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance and housekeeping programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Preform daily walk troughs of the facility to ensure safety, cleanliness and organization
- Attend pre-event meetings at previously scheduled times to go over event details, promotions, and specific event assignments.
- Ensure that the client needs are met in a professional and courteous manner.
- Coordinate with third party vendors and contractors; schedule services; monitor the work of contractors
- Assist with the maintenance of all building equipment
- Maintaining and operating ice arena equipment, refrigeration plant, and ice resurfacer/edger. Also resurface ice, perform ice maintenance
- Knowledge of and driving experience on a Zamboni
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates’ Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in facility operations supervision or with comparable increasing responsibility in an arena, convention center, public assembly facility with knowledge of arena set up and/or housekeeping.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills and principles, with experience in work crew supervision and working on a varied work schedule in facility operations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity of OSHA requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess valid driver’s license or have the ability to acquire
- Possess valid forklift certification or have the willingness to acquire
- Ability to work independently, but still as part of the overall team atmosphere helping promoters, tenants, clients, co-workers and managers as required.
- Ability to work irregular hours; mainly evenings, weeknights, weekends and holidays
- Working knowledge and ability with AutoCAD, Excel, and other Microsoft products.
- Must have ice building/maintenance and Zamboni experience
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.