Maintenance Technician (Part-Time) | Iowa Events Center & Wells Fargo Arena - Spectra (Des Moines · IA)
Sports Jobs in Des Moines · IA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Under general direction, position is responsible for various equipment and facility maintenance needs. Position will assist in variety of non-skilled duties as operations and events require. Accountable to the Lead Engineer, Asst Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer.
- Responsible for event engineering needs such as, but not limited to, event set-ups & changeovers, laying power, unlocking doors, listening and responding appropriately to radio calls for engineering assistance
- Performs maintenance and repair of facility doors, hardware, millwork, seats, furniture, rails, staging, fixtures and associated equipment.
- Under general direction, performs maintenance and repair of facility equipment, auxiliary systems, minor electrical and plumbing repairs
- Participates in routine preventative maintenance on equipment; oils and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and generators, cleans screens, strainers, burners and automatic controls as directed
- Accurately and timely performs tasks to ensure the highest level of efficiency in the operation returning equipment to operational status as directed
- Responsible to track daily performance and completed tasks through MicroMain web-based system
- Effective and timely communication with management and team members including arrival, location, departure; communicating work issues and building needs; escalating issues to management as required
- Ability to learn Spectra safety policies / procedures, along with local, state, federal, OSHA guidelines
- Inspects, repairs and replaces defective parts & equipment as directed
- Timely reports unsafe or malfunctioning equipment / conditions
- Ability to read and execute on complex documents such as show drawings, manufacturer’s specifications, blue-prints and other reference materials to determine appropriate job requirements and procedures
- Liaison between Engineering Dept and Operations team members to facilitate projects or use specialized engineering tools
- Organize, inventory, maintain various engineering tools including, but not limited to, meters, test instruments, drills, saw and other power & hand tools
- Responds to building emergencies, emergency repairs, and outages as directed
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety and operational training programs as required
- Maintains professional working relationships with all internal and external clients
- Must work on-site, maintain excellent attendance, and contribute to a safe & healthy work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in general facility maintenance and repair of building systems and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of tools and equipment used in maintaining facilities and equipment repairs
- Basic computer experience including ability to accurately fill out web forms; check & respond to email.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance systems preferred
- Strong attention to detail and required specifications
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge or ability to learn company / local / state / federal safety standards requirements
- Willingness ‘can do’ attitude to jump in and assist with a variety of tasks and projects as required
- Willingness to report for emergencies as able / required
- Ability to work a varied schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays