*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Under general supervision by the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician (Electrician) is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of the electrically powered systems and equipment including distribution systems and equipment along with various general maintenance related tasks including plumbing, painting, trades and grounds keeping. Most of the work takes place in a temperature-controlled environment. Power tools, hand tools and uniforms are provided.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Repair, install, replace and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using necessary hand tools and testing instruments.
- Inspect and test electrical lighting, signal, communication and power circuits and equipment.
- Isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment, using suitable testing instruments.
- Examine and test elements of electrical systems to locate obvious faults, such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, and worn motor brushes.
- Replace faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures and appliances.
- Renew circuits either by isolating and cutting out defective wiring and replacing it with new wiring, or by splicing ends of broken wires.
- Report discrepancies or necessary follow-ups to supervisor
- Perform and/or manage the installations and break downs of electrical services for events.
- Perform duties and responsibilities with view toward Department goals and energy conservation.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, shop drawings, schematic manufacturer’s specifications and other reference materials to determine appropriate job requirements and procedures.
- Prepare and submit requisitions for materials required to complete assigned tasks.
- Plan work to ensure cost effective use of labor and materials.
- As required, estimate materials needed and record time and materials expended on each work order.
- Perform other general maintenance related tasks including plumbing, painting, trades and grounds keeping.
- Operate equipment used in the maintenance of conventions facilities such as forklifts, floor scrubbers, scissor lifts, and other maintenance equipment.
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Performs other duties as required
- Must possess High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of electrical experience
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid Virginia driver’s licensePossession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR certificate.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply. Spectra is committed to maintaining a Drug Free Workplace!