*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Line/ Banquet Cook assists the Chef and other kitchen workers to prepare food to the exact specifications and to set up stations for menu execution. All duties performed in kitchen area must meet health and safety requirements mandated by law.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
This position is based at our Ralston Arena. The Ralston Arena, also called the Ralston Sports and Event Center, is an arena located in Ralston, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. It serves as the home of the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League and the Omaha Beef of Champions Indoor Football. It also served as home to the Omaha Mavericks NCAA Division I men's basketball team, representing the University of Nebraska Omaha, from its opening until the end of the 2014–15 season, with the school opening Baxter Arena for the 2015–16 season. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.ralstonarena.com/
- Set up station and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service.
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and cold food items.
- Covers, dates, and correctly stores all food prep items.
- Serve menu items compliant with established standards.
- Wash and put away any and all dishes
- Maintains a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Assists with all duties as assigned by Chef.
- Is punctual and maintains good attendance record.
- Basic working knowledge of food preparation and cooking.
- Basic math ability.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform work.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced and hot environment.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting, or carrying up to 50 lbs
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.