*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for providing excellent guest service at all Angel Of The Winds Arena events by planning, monitoring, directing, delegating and managing all functions of the Guest Services department. Events include but are not limited to concerts; hockey games; family shows; community events; and corporate and private functions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive guest service policy.
- Establish and maintain Angel Of The Winds Arena’s reputation for exceptional guest services by recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and counseling part-time staff of ushers, ticket-takers, guest service representatives, and supervisors.
- Submit payroll to Finance Department for all guest services employees.
- Ensure staff receive necessary training and refresher training for all guest services functions including emergency management.
- Review and recommend day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the department.
- Make immediate decisions and communicate with Guest Services staff in emergency situations.
- Conduct planning, staff, and operational meetings as required.
- Research, review, and recommend equipment, materials, and supplies required for the Guest Services Department. Prepare budgetary input and maintain inventory of related equipment.
- Meet with Event Managers and clients to assist planning staffing levels for events.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and distributing shift availability sheets for event staff, ensuring that all details outlining staff expectations are clearly and concisely stated.
- Preparation & distribution of staff schedules, incorporating staff availability; as well as adhering to all event requirements outlined by the Event Manager.
- Coordinate and communicate all relevant information for assigned events, including preparing event details sheets and facilitating staff briefing notes.
- Oversee all staffing deployments on an event-by-event basis, including all timesheets and break sheets
- Ensure any/all security measures are taken including pat-down, bag checks and ID checks, in addition to requests from either the Event Manager or Production/Artists Security team.
- Prepare post event & incident reports for all events coordinated.
- Preparation and submission of expenses for event settlement; if applicable.
- Work with Guest Services staff in managing large crowds under constantly changing event environments.
- Develop collateral materials for employees and fans such as Accessibility Guide, Event Handbook, and Guest Services Assistance Documents.
- Plan and implement all required resources and staff to efficiently prepare, execute and close out all events.
- Provide exceptional customer service adopting Spectra Venue Management Customer Service philosophy and respond to all fan and staff inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop resources and networks in the community in order to further diversify the event services staff.
- Maintain open communications between tenants, contractors, employees, and facility guests as it relates to the Guest Services staff.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with local officials and contractors including the city police department, neighborhood groups, ADA advocacy groups, code officials, neighboring businesses, public transportation and other event related entities.
- Act as facility manager on duty as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum (2-4) two to four years of increasingly responsible event related experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting. Direct Guest Services experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university with major course work in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field preferred.
- Experience with ADP payroll software preferred.
- E.A.M. Training Certification or Certificates in Guest Service Management preferred.
- Proven exceptional guest and client service capabilities and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices, A/V Equipment, and relevant federal, state, and local regulations.
- Self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 40 lbs, unaided.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply