*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Guest Service and Events Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight and training of the front of house staff as well as event management at the venue, enhancing event experience, which includes Ticketed and non-ticketed events, public skating, corporate events, meetings, holiday parties, ice rentals, camps, birthdays, fundraisers, speaker series events, private parties, restaurant bookings, St. Louis Music Park concerts, and events through the city of Maryland Heights and our tenants.
- Management the Front of House staff at the Centene Community Ice Center and St. Louis Music Park
- Day to day oversight of staff
- Schedule public sessions when available in the facility schedule
- Coordination with other department on event needs
- Coordinate with Directors/GM to maximize schedule efficiencies and revenue across the various ice/turf field use offerings
- Actively develop and maintain excellent relationships with program directors, partners and customers
- Plan, support and execute facility activity, programs, parties, corporate and team events working with internal and external stakeholders, clients, tenants, and vendors
- Collaborate with facility internal departments to support the business including, but not limited to event services, finance, operations, legal, marketing, food and beverage
- Manage the development of staff to execute premier events
- Assist with the scheduling of various meetings and additional programming duties of General Manager
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience at a sport facility
- Understanding of league or facility software schedule management
- Experience coordinating youth sport programming, private, and ticketed events
- Knowledge and interest in ice sports, concerts, venue, and event business
- Experience planning corporate and community events, Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and cross-organizational collaborator, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
Reports- to Assistant GM for Guest Experience and Event Manager
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of arena, venue and event planning experience
- Experience with youth sports at the recreational and elite level or knowledge of College/Professional sports
- Experience with event/concert coordination
- Understanding of event and on-ice programming
- Bachelor’s degree from a four- year college or university in business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- Strong computer skills including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and applicable standard applications.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply