*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Hospitality Leadership Trainee Position with Spectra Food Services & Hospitality means you will be working with Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, which is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com
This interim position with Spectra at Volvo Car Stadium will give you hands on industry experience, while introducing you to career opportunities in hospitality, event management, food service, and sales. You will be working at the premier Sports and Entertainment venue of South Carolina, in the culinary capital of the South in Charleston on Daniel Island.
For this position you will work in four major areas of the operation: Administration, Concessions, Premium (VIP Club, Suites, Catering, Special Events), and Fan Experience. You will work closely with the General Manager and supervisors in these departments.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Key responsibilities will include:
- assisting in the creation and development of our customer service program and activation, guest satisfaction surveys, and assisting in the supervision of hospitality areas and events including VIP events, backstage catering, tournament special events, and overall fan experience.
- Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to stocking, product inventory, inventory reconciliation, check-in and check-out of staff, and basic programming and management of the venue Point Of Sale system.
Minimum Qualifications -
- Ability to work in a high energy and demanding environment.
- Flexible to work extended hours, including late nights, weekends, and holidays.
Strong organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional and tidy appearance at all times.
- Communicates in a positive, respectful manner to both internal and external guests.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of food and beverage offerings to ensure all questions answered appropriate and accurately
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with team members, management staff and guest in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Cash Handling, and other required compliance trainings. interest in pursuing a career in Sports/Entertainment Food & Beverage, Hospitality.
Additional Qualifications and Details -
- Junior or Senior in college.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- All perspective employees are subject to a pre-employment background check.
- This is a paid temporary, part time, seasonal position. Time frame of position to be determined.
- Due to alcohol service regulations, applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.