Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assisting in overseeing the execution\service of all catered & concessions events. The Food & Beverage Manager must be personable and able to work in an ever- changing fast-paced environment. The Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for training and developing all service staff.
The Food & Beverage Manager must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events per business need.
Salary Range; $50,000 to $60,000
- Overall Management of Catering and Concessions Food and Beverage operations including: interviewing, hiring, scheduling, ordering, inventory, labor costs and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation of the venue.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements.
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Responsible for overseeing the serving of meals to guests or directing guests to the buffet line.
- Responsible for overseeing serving beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages. Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
- Responsible for executing all directives stated in all Banquet Event Orders.
- Responsible for completion and updating of administrative paperwork associated with events, i.e. diagrams, timelines and side-work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring tableware and linens replaced as necessary.
- Be able to identify ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
- Assists in setting up banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and silverware.
- Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine before, during or after the served meal.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Assures that the location equipment is operable and clean prior to start of event.
- Responsible for recognizing guests that are visibly intoxicated and taking action to cut off alcohol to such individuals.
- Leads F&B team with projects including training, inventory and special events.
- Leads Concessions Department in supervising outlets when business demands.
- Knowledge of Union Contract contents
- Enforces all Spectra policies and procedures.
- Practices excellent Human Resources skills regarding employee relations, corrective action, coaching and counseling employees and completes all necessary HR related paperwork.
- All other duties as assigned by the Asst. General Manager and General Manager.
- Experience working in a management capacity in a high volume fast-paced restaurant or catering environment.
- 3+ years of exp in professional food prep
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate or alcohol service permit if required by state or federal regulations.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- 2 year degree in Business Management or Hospitality preferred but will consider relevant work experience.