*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Executive Chef has the primary duty of managing the culinary team, a recognized department of venue’s F&B operation. The Executive Chef will actively supervisor, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company qualify standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Executive Chef will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the direction of the kitchen’s daily activities in accordance with Spectra policies and objectives to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability and a positive, productive and compliant work environment. The Executive Chef is solely responsible for the effective management and operation of the culinary team including event planning support, scheduling, food preparation and production, food cost control, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, cleaning, kitchen safety, employee training and supervision, and any other tasks assigned by the F&B Director. The Executive Chef must provide a high level of oversight, culinary proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running all food outlets and events.
This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The Executive Chef must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which to evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills and self-direction required.
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring staff of 35 full-time and part time culinary employees, including initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing, and disciplining.
- Ensures event staff are aware of work place expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring to event staff; promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with staff; reinforce procedures and practices through repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive feedback.
- Responsible for ensuring that budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, food inventory rotation measures, receiving and food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, kitchen security procedures and waste control.
- Controls labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen staff, cross-training and development of employees; responsible for monitoring breaks and break documentation for kitchen staff and the daily approval of break documentation.
- Ensures that the purchasing and preparation of all food products meet Spectra’ standards of quality and consistency. Responsible for the development of menus, ensuring quality, consistency and style of concept are maintained. Monitors production of food preparation ensuring recipe specifications, portion controls and kitchen timings are met. Monitors all food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards.
- Supervises all line set-up, prep and breakdown activities. Responsible for in-service delegation of tasks to line personnel.
- Coordinates the storage, maintenance and repair of all kitchen equipment to ensure operational readiness.
- Coordinates the delivery and set-up of catered services and food service areas as needed.
- Arranges and manages kitchen staff skills training and development, including departmental orientation of new employees. Provides leadership and support to the entire kitchen staff; builds morale and encourages empowerment of staff.
- Maintains a positive and compliant employee relations climate. Responsible for staffing, training, evaluation and counseling of kitchen staff. Promotes support and communication with entire staff. Positively interacts with front of house staff. Rapidly solves problems.
- Ensures compliance with health, sanitation, safety and employment regulations by clearly communicating and reinforcing standards and procedures to kitchen staff.
- Ensures proper kitchen record keeping and administrative requirements including food inventories and invoicing of food products. Responsible for organizing employee work schedules, ensuring appropriate coverage for all kitchen areas, staff compliance with venue uniform policy.
- Promotes teamwork among staff through effective communication, follow through and goal setting. Leads by example and thorough instruction to effectively obtain quality management of product, service and philosophy of concept.
- Responsible for overseeing the production of Staff meals ensuring that they are on time, healthy and substantial per meal calendar.
- Minimum of 2-3 years kitchen management experience in a full service restaurant or events venue.
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of meeting projected costs.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Maintains a current Food Handler’s card and alcohol service permit if required by state or local government.
- Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in a nationally recognized sanitation program.
- Technical proficiency and experience demonstrating verifiable knowledge of food preparation methods.
- Ability to positively interact with diverse personalities, including co-workers, subordinates, guests and purveyors in a variety of work situations. Must have active listening and effective communication skills.
- Ability to develop results-oriented staff through effective training, evaluation, motivation, coaching and counseling. Ability to assist others in developing needed skills for effective job performance.
- Ability to positively distribute responsibility to others to meet objectives and achieve desired results.
- Ability to recognize problems and to creatively and expeditiously find solutions.
- Ability to set priorities and use initiative; solid decision-maker.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, multi-task and effectively prioritize in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to be self-directed while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; able and willing to work nights, weekends and long hours.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.