*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Set-up / Tear-down Team Member (a.k.a. Facilities Specialist) assists in the completion of event set-up and tear down, general housekeeping and custodial activities
This position is based at our St. Charles Convention Center. The St. Charles Convention Center is a convention center in St. Charles, Missouri. It opened in April 2005 and is managed by Spectra. The facility has a 16,200 sq ft. Grand Ballroom, and 27,600 sq ft. of Exhibit Hall space expandable to 35,700 sq ft. through the adjacent Junior Ballroom. The facility features additional meeting rooms, Executive Board Room, and the Compass Café. Other major partners include Coca-Cola, MillerCoors, Yellow Pages, New Frontier Bank, Women's Journals, and Goellner Printing. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.stcharlesconventioncenter.com/
- Set-up and tear down including: risers, chairs, tables, staging, dance floors, carpet squares, pipe and drape and other items as needed for events at facility.
- Execute accurate and timely completion of cleaning checklists and room sets.
- Handle folding chairs, stacking chairs, tables of various shapes and sizes, drapery and skirting.
- Responsible for safe use of various supplies including variety of cleaning chemicals, mops, brooms, shovels and scrapers.
- Operate an assortment of equipment including: buffers/burnishers, rider sweepers/scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, blowers, vacuums, snow removal equipment and others as needed.
- Adequately perform post-event cleanup and trash removal.
- Perform light maintenance tasks as assigned.
- May occasionally work with heavy equipment or power tools.
- Report to supervisors any defective equipment, facility damage, incorrect/improper set-up and areas of the facility requiring cleaning, in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to follow applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.