*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Event Manager will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event; hire, train, schedule and supervise all event staff; oversee building security and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event staff/security and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction and experience.
- Advance each game/event/show with appropriate team/promoter representative in a timely fashion
- Communicates all event information to the appropriate Departments and staff
- Gathers information from event’s Security Director regarding Event Security Plan; relays information to the Event & Operations Manager
- Gathers accurate event seating information with the Box Office Manager and Operations Manager, and ensures that event set-ups are accurate
- Communicates in a timely manner with each Department Head regarding specific needs and information for each event
- Prepares and distributes Event Data Sheet to all staff and Departments in a timely manner
- Prepares post event report for all events coordinated
- Preparation of and submission of expenses for event settlement. Attend settlement if required
- Prepare Event estimates as assigned by General Manager or their designate
- Assist in the management for all services and activities involved in maintenance and operations, including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, chillers, refrigeration, ice making, boilers and associated equipment.
- Help select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Participate in the development and administration of the Operations budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary.
- Oversee the set-up of events; coordinate facility arrangements with concessionaires and vendors; direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers, and architects on building projects.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Experience in building maintenance including supervisory responsibility.
- BA degree preferred
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 40 lbs, unaided.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Event Services and Events
- Knowledge of supervisory principles with an emphasis in working with and training “casual” staff
- Able to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including: nights, weekends, and holidays)
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.