The Director of Ticketing will control all ticket inventories and oversee the processing of orders and payments for the Macon Centreplex Coliseum and Auditorium as well as the Flint River Entertainment Complex in Albany GA. Utilizing ticketing software, he/she will create ticketing for events and financial reports; manage and participate in the development and administration of an annual budget; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; direct and monitor expenditures. The Director of Ticketing is responsible for the selection, training, motivation and evaluation of all Box Office personnel, and the management of all aspects of customer service related to internal and external customers.
- Build all events in the ticketing system, including seating manifests, price tables, hold/kills, discounts, pre-sales, etc.
- Oversee all financial reconciliation in regards to daily reports, monthly reports and event settlement
- Manage all information being sent and posted through ticketing system
- Act as systems administrator for ticketing system and liaison between staff, promoters, presenters and the facility
- Responsible for system upgrades, occasional testing of new software and routine maintenance and trouble-shooting
- Prepare all ticketing reports for and work with tenants on system training and related premium ticketing services
- Update and relay all box-office related event information to each department and client
- Investigate and resolve ticket-related issues
- Responsible for season ticket renewal mailings, processing of season ticket monies and printing/mailing of season tickets
- Responsible for all season ticket holder customer service related upgrades, priority point systems, etc.
- Responsible for the collection of all ticket monies, tracking of accounts payable/receivable and preparation of sales reports/ticket revenue updates (this includes parking monies)
- Work with sales reports/ticket revenue updates
- Work with sales and marketing departments to set up various ticket discounts and promotions
- Oversee will call for all ticketed events, ensuring compliance to all relevant ticket laws
- Process/fill approved charity ticket requests; document all complimentary tickets issued
- Track attendance for all events, including pre-sales, walk-ups, promotions, discounts, etc.
- Manage of all aspects of customer service as it relates to both internal and external customers, enforcing Spectra principles and corporate initiatives
- Direct the creation and control of fiscal budget for the Box Office department
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the Box Office efforts for a public assembly facility, stadium. arena or convention center
- Develop and implement comprehensive ticket sales programs
- Plan, direct, evaluate and provide leadership to Box Office personnel
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external customers
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Comprehend and make inferences from written sales materials
- Exercise confidentiality and integrity upon handling customer personal/financial information
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork and dedication to Spectra’s principles
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business management, sports management, business administration or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible box office/ticketing experience, preferable with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
- Knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of stadium, arena, public assembly facility or convention center sales programs
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software
- Familiarity with Ticketmaster ticketing software
- Knowledge of terminology used in box office/sales settings
- Knowledge of principles of budget preparation and control
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Make basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) either manually or through the use of a calculator
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.