The Director of Sales is responsible to oversee and implement the annual sales development for the Owensboro Convention Center and Owensboro Sportscenter with the objective of ensuring the sales team at the facility meets all individual and departmental sales goals for revenue, conventions and rooms nights. This position is responsible for overseeing and training all staff, as well as actively selling the convention market to help realize the venue sales goals.
- Direct, implement, and oversee the sales efforts of the sales team to include, but not limited to, bidding conventions, meeting and special events.
- Prepare, with the assistance of the General Manager and Marketing &PR Manager, the annual sales and marketing plan.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all sales programs and activities
- Develop & annually update pricing and sales materials for facility rental rates, meeting/banquet space, and hospitality packages
- Prepare written proposals; reevaluate potential rental & sponsorship value of sales inventory; initiate contractual arrangement; prepare contracts; negotiate terms as required
- Prepare clear and concise facility rental & sponsorship inventory reports
- Develop and implement all aspects of facility sales plan including sales goals for the sales team, and oversee and evaluate progress of all sales efforts in accordance with set sales goals.
- Develop and implement revenue and expense budget for sales department
- Maintain and create detailed sales presentations
- Develop and design of all facility sales, rental and collateral materials with assistance of Marketing & PR Manager.
- Build and update facility database and assist Marketing Manager with database related sales & marketing
- Conduct outside sales calls on potential event/meeting planners
- Attend appropriate sales and industry related functions
- Plan & coordinate theme night promotions and special events for corporate executives, businesses and potential customers
- Prepare and present staff reports and other related correspondence
- Present weekly activity, event, and sales status report
- Prepare weekly pace reports
- Conduct one-on-one sales meetings with individual sales team members
- Conduct sales team meetings
- Oversee sales calendar reporting all future convention, meeting, and event, bookings for OCC and SC
- Identify, research, track results and oversee our participation in trade and travel shows.
- Secure partners and research new opportunities for the sales, marketing and service materials as necessary.
- In coordination with the Owensboro CVB, hold meetings as necessary, with hotels and CVB staff to update and discuss pertinent industry issues and prepare bid documents.
- Maintain communication and contact on a regular basis with selected business, professional, and social groups that may host or provide leads for conventions, meetings, events and tourism markets.
- Maintain sales leads and contracts in Ungerboeck
- Prepare and update lost business reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Spectra’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible sales experience for an arena, convention center, sports franchise, hotel or other similar public assembly or hospitality facility, including supervisory responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university with major course works in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field (relatable industry experience may be substituted)
- Previous management experience, over sales / marketing professionals
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Has a strong track record of building relationships and generating new business
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership skills, customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and positive thinker
- Strong PC and data processing skills; working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, as well as database management software
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Kentucky driver’s license
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.