This position is based at the Ford Park Entertainment Complex
. Ford Park Entertainment Complex is the premier sports, entertainment and convention destination of Southeast Texas. Conveniently situated just minutes from Beaumont's 3,740 hotel rooms, restaurants and attractions, Ford Park is located on Interstate 10 between Houston and Lake Charles. Ford Park Entertainment Complex offers five versatile facilities on 221 acres including: Ford Arena, Ford Exhibit Hall, Ford Pavilion, Ford Midway and Ford Fields. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.beaumontcvb.com/listing/ford-park-entertainment-complex/396/
In consultation with the General Manager, the Director of Operations manages, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the complex including but not limited to maintenance, set-up/changeovers, custodial/housekeeping, landscaping/grounds keeping, equipment safety and capital projects. This employee also provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to operating managers and supervisors, assuring the highest quality service program to assure booking and rebooking of events. The Director of Operations ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental operating budget while providing highly responsible staff assistance to the General Manager.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of the Complex and all systems. This includes HVAC, sound, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard sytems, pest control, custodial services, etc
- Participate in the development and administration of the facility’s operations and capital budgets; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Oversees the advancing and communicating of event information to the appropriate departments and staff
- Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down, i.e. basketball floor, stage risers, chairs, signs, banquet functions, etc
- Acts as liaison with City and County Services for numerous facility related functions (City Codes, Parking, Licenses, permits, inspections, warranties, etc)
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance
- Develop and update comprehensive management reports and manuals (i.e. Operations Manual, Annual Preventative Maintenance Plan, Annual Facility Report, Fire Code Rules & Regulations, etc)
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Conduct a variety of organizational and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, facility stakeholders and facility users
- Direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers and architects on building projects
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, and material safety data sheets; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
- Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Basic Knowledge of boilers, chillers, and refrigeration
- Basic Knowledge of Fire Alarm/Fire Protection systems
- Knowledge of Event Production a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration or a related field preferred but will consider relevant work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge of physical plant management, supervisory skills and experience in work crew supervision in facility operations
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in a leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors as well as outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
This job description is subject to change.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.