*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Concessions and Bar Supervisor is responsible for the effective management and running of concessions and bar operations within a specified area in the venue. The Concessions and Bar Supervisor must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Responsible for overseeing a staff of 10-15 part-time and full-time servers, cahsiers, and bartenders.
- Provide a high level of oversight and operational expertise resulting in the smooth, efficient and profitable execution of events.
- Manage and run all venue concessions operations. Duties include staff scheduling, equipment inspection, POS monitoring and troubleshooting, guest complaint resolution, training, food production, clean-up, post-event reconciliation and reporting, and any other duties as assigned by the GM.
- Willing to cover any open position to assure location is fully operational and company standards pertaining to speed of service and guest satisfaction are met.
- Provide direction and oversight to Concessions Leads, Cooks, and Cashiers.
- Ensure that all Spectra and venue policies, procedures and practices are adhered to, including compliance with alcohol service and food handling / sanitation guidelines, general safety policies and procedures. Report any alcohol service or other compliance issues to GM immediately.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in basic food handling, sanitation, and customer service is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and venue concession operations.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.