*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing foods to be served to guests throughout the venue. The Line Cook will often have direct contact with the public working in areas such as a buffet line slicing meats or preparing dishes to order. The Line Cook must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
- Cook and prepare all menu items per guest orders using equipment such as the grill, flame broiler, steamer, fryers, slicer, and oven while maintaining a short production time.
- Preparation of carry-out foods such as salads, desserts, and sandwiches, according to department specs.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and production standards on all menu items. Food must be fresh and of high quality when served to the guests.
- Responsible for portion control and serving temperatures of all products served in the concession stand.
- Responsible for cleaning, stocking and restocking of workstations and displays.
- Responsible for operating large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and ovens.
- Ensures that all work areas and equipment are clean, food products are properly stored, utensils are clean and put away and floor is swept and mopped at end of shift. The Catering Cook must be checked out before ending the shift by the Stand Manager to ensure the concession stand meets cleanliness standards.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Any additional duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Minimum (2) Years’ Experience working as a Catering cook in a fast food environment is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.