*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Catering & Suite Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and assisting with the serving of guests in the Suites, Premium Clubs and Private Function spaces. A Catering & Suite Supervisor must be personable and able to work in an ever- changing fast-paced environment. A Catering & Suite Supervisor is familiar with all food and beverage products available on the menu and can speak knowledgeably with the guests regarding the product. The Catering & Suite Supervisor will assist the Catering & Suite Manager with administrative work including monthly inventory as well as assist in the set-up of the Suites, Pantries, Premium Clubs and other catering areas prior to any Event. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for overseeing and assisting in serving meals and beverages to guests.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and comprehend Banquet Event Orders.
- Supervises and Assists in setting up of Suites, Pantries, Premium Clubs and other catering spaces prior to any Event.
- Ensures that all Suites pantry paperwork is organized and accurate pre and post event.
- Responsible for full knowledge of the food and beverage menu and sharing the knowledge with the staff as well as the guests including, ingredients, portion sizes, pricing and preparation.
- Responsible for recording a guest’s order on the POS System in the pantry, relaying the order to the kitchen, and timely delivery of the order to the guests in the suite.
- Assist runners when needed to ensure food is brought where needed in a timely manner.
- Follow time line and have food ready for service at designated times.
- Report any equipment issues when found to the Catering & Suites Manager
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Responsible for assisting in cleaning up remaining food product and equipment after any Event
- Responsible for evaluating designated Catering spaces after each Event for proper cleanliness and Inventory levels.
- Assist Catering & Suite Manager with administrative duties including monthly inventory.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate and alcohol service permit if required by state and federal regulations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as related to cash/credit transactions.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
Fine dining and/or banquet experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience in a fast-paced food and beverage environment preferred.