Building Attendant | Iowa Events Center & Wells Fargo Arena - Spectra (Des Moines · IA)
Sports Jobs in Des Moines · IA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The part time Building Attendant is an event-driven support position that works in the areas of housekeeping, show care, room sets, event teardown, arena conversions, and grounds maintenance at the Iowa Events Center
- Set-up and teardown of events as directed including staging, tables, chairs, pipe-and-drape, skirting and other event items as required for events in Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center, Hy-Vee Hall, Wells Fargo Arena and all other areas of the facility
- Work individually and as a team to complete required projects and tasks contributing to a professional, teamwork atmosphere
- Clean and disinfect facilities
- Complete room sets accurately and timely
- Handle and set folding chairs, stacking chairs, tables of various shapes and sizes, drapery poles, drapes and skirting
- Responsible for safe and correct use of various equipment including a variety of mops, brooms, shovels, scrapers, buffers / burnishers, rider sweepers, scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, blowers, vacuums, snow removal equipment and others are required.
- Responsible for effective and safe use of various chemicals to be used as trained / directed in accordance with company, state, federal, OSHA standards
- Provide excellent guest service to internal and external clients and guests
- Must work on-site, maintain excellent attendance, and contribute to a safe & healthy work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with some equipment noted above
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure event environment with thousands of people in attendance
- One or more years’ experience in a similar position in a large facility preferred
- Demonstrated positive, professional interpersonal communication skills, working with a team
- Ability to follow multi-step directions provided by a team leader
- Ability to accurately complete tasks independently and as part of team
- Ability to learn safe work practices in accordance with company policies / procedures and OSH standards
- Ability to work a flexible event-driven schedule including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, and shifts of more than 8 hours.