*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Assistant Office Manager will provide assistance to all Spectra departments (Concessions, Catering). Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to assisting with payroll, accounting, assisting with handling human resources duties with assurance in maintaining employee personnel files, scheduling, and general clerical duties. The Assistant Office Manager will assist the Office Manager in managing a full range of accounting operations, including A/P, A/R, reporting and GL entries, performing month end closing work, account reconciliations, and P&L reporting to management. Successful candidate will be a team player willing to jump in to assist as needed across all departments.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Assist in all general accounting functions including, but not limited to: general ledger, accounts receivable & accounts payable, inventory control, vault management
- Perform accounts receivable processes including customer invoice preparation, payment application and occasional collection calls.
- Perform accounts payable processes including vendor invoice processing, master file updates and account maintenance, ensuring accurate W-4 forms, I9 forms are complete and on file.
- Assist Office Manager with general ledger adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations & weekly and monthly financial statement reporting.
- Review daily sales reconciliations prepared by the Office Manager.
- Review daily POS transactions and reconcile monthly transactions.
- Assist Office Manager with PCI compliance & reporting.
- Process new hire paperwork including background checks, payroll uploads and biweekly reconciliations ensuring timely & accurate processing.
- Assist Office Manager with other HR related duties.
- Assist Office Manager with event settlement functions.
- May interact with departmental managers to resolving transaction and procedural discrepancies ensuring established controls are adhered to.
- Perform annual record retention compliance duties and record keeping.
- Assist with IT related inventory and credentialing functions.
- Assist in handling personnel file maintenance, answer employee inquiries regarding scheduling, facilitating new hires, orientation, maintaining workers compensation claims and maintaining an OSHA log, responding to unemployment claims, and answering basic employment issue questions.
- Perform filing and record keeping duties.
- Perform other general office and clerical support.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree from an accredited college, school or university.
- Minimum of 2- 4 years of increasingly responsible supervisory/management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel.
- Working knowledge of the Internet, POS systems and ADP eTime software a plus.
- Strong organizational & communications skills.
- Ability to multitask with a high level of accuracy while meeting reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work nights, weekends & holidays on occasion/as needed.
- Ability to adhere to highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism and discretion. Ability to execute solid management decisions quickly and efficiently.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.