*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Accounting Manager is responsible for monitoring, controlling, and auditing financial transactions. Additionally, the Accounting Manager will perform a full range of professional accounting duties involved in the fiscal management, record keeping, reporting and financial analysis of the complex.
This position is based at the Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center in Shawnee, OK. The 52 acre complex is only 40 minutes from the intersection of I-40 and I-35, the crossroads of America, and includes an outdoor arena seating 7,500, a 19,200 square feet indoor arena seating 1k, 152,400 square feet of total exhibit space, 366 50-amp full hook up RV sites, and four comfort stations containing showers, washers, dryers and restrooms. We also have 133 additional 50-amp spaces and 296 additional 30-amp spaces with water and electric only.
- Balance sheet analysis and reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Prepare and enter monthly closing journal entries
- Accounting and reporting for events including final event settlements
- Cash receipts and receivable reconciliation
- Perform accounts payable functions including invoice entry and checks
- Review and process all daily box office ticketing sales
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees
- Examine and verify a variety of financial documents and reports
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports, and analyses
- Apply accounting principles to the maintenance of financial and accounting transactions and audit of financial records involved for in-house food and beverage operation
- Manage daily HR duties, such as benefit administration, and new hires
- Assist the General Manager with budget preparation and financial reporting
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required
- Two years of professional accounting experience preferably including some supervisory experience
- Application of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to a variety of accounting audits, transactions, and problems
- Principles and practices of financial auditing and inventory accounting methods
- Financial report preparation methods and techniques
- Modern office procedures, methods and related computer equipment
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Sage 100 or similar accounting software preferred. Experience with payroll software, preferably ADP
- Requires working beyond normal business hours, including nights, weekends and holidays based on event calendar
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.