*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Accounting Manager assists with planning and directing all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the venue by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Accounting Manager assists with supervising the Finance Department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Spectra’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities can include overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
This position is based at our Cross Insurance Center. Along the historic riverfront in the quintessential New England city of Bangor, Maine, the Cross Insurance Center can host up to 2,000 convention guests with an 8,000 seat arena and room for 260 exhibit booths, offering you first class hospitality, and providing an unparalleled, original New England experience. Just minutes from Bangor International Airport, the state-of-the-art new facility has easy access to diverse dining and nightlife, boutique and unique shopping, and is just a scenic hour's drive to breathtaking ocean views at Acadia National Park. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.crossinsurancecenter.com/page/958/home
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Assist with overseeing food and beverage accounting
- Assist with show settlement including payments to promoters, compile all post-show financial info to enter into GL, prepare show income/loss reports
- Oversee payroll.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Develop and implement all financial reporting, including :
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Manages the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Manages the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinate’s preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Be a business partner with other departments ensuring financial success of the venue.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- CPA or MBA a plus
- 3 to 5 years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- Must pass background and credit check.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and Sage accounting preferred.
- Must work nights and weekends if required.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.