*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The General Manager is responsible for the efficient, professional and profitable operation of the 52-acre Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center, which features a 7,500-capacity outdoor arena, 1,000-capacity indoor arena, 152,400 square feet of exhibit space and 500 space RV Park. In addition to managing the day to day business operations, the General Manager solicits new sources of revenue, both on and off the venue property. Responsible for overall management, promotion, and operation of the facility, including construction, purchasing, policy administration, booking, marketing, finance, food and beverage, box office, advertising, corporate partnerships, security, production, maintenance, and related operations for the Complex. This position is responsible for the development, coordination and management of all aspects and strategies for the venue’s entertainment events.
- Arrange for and otherwise book Events at the venue, develop and maintain relationships with reputable promoters, local market contacts, agents and talent affiliates to attract concerts, shows, entertainment events, etc
- Administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include: HR, Sales and Marketing, quality assurance, energy efficiency, safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management practices, or other areas as needed
- Generate for client/corporate in a timely manner financial and other reports detailing the arena activities
- Prepare a proposed annual Operating Budget and submit such proposed budget to client/corporate
- Oversee day to day operation, ensuring technical and staff resource needs for all events, oversees plans for allocating those resources, and successfully manages their efficient implementation
- Insure all agreements made regarding the Facility are in compliance with the contract, state and federal law
- Provide final approval for all contracts and agreement
- Attend conferences and trade association meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in Business/Hospitality Management or related field.
- 7-10 years management experience in an Arena, Fairgrounds, Convention Center, or other similar public assembly facility
- The ability to research, develop and maintain relationships with artist agents, artist management as well as local, regional and national promoters.
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations and event planning, facility operations, budget preparation and personnel management
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication
- Superior Sales and Marketing skills
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations
- Effectively work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions and premium services locations, geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages)
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction