As a key member of the OVG Canada team, the Director of Partnership Development will focus on the development of sports and entertainment programs and partnerships for industry leading brands, properties and partners. You are a creative and organized thought leader with a strong acumen for business development, driven to create and deliver breakthrough and compelling multi-platform marketing solutions. You are skilled at identifying and engaging contacts at brands and in categories we currently do not work with, generating strong prospect volume, and creating new relationships that drive our revenue targets and over-deliver on key marketing objectives for our partners.
- Continually reimagine the status quo and build breakthrough marketing partnerships for OVG Canada’s owned properties and represented clients
- Initiate discussions with potential new partners (client direct & agencies) to understand objectives and budget.
- Develop customized, integrated and creative partnership proposals that demonstrate insight and knowledge of client business.
- Lead presentations to new prospects and negotiate packages to potential OVG partners.
- Utilize research tools to actively prospect and identify prospects in new categories.
- Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with clients and/or client’s agency, developing strong professional relationships.
- Utilize analysis and insight to drive decisions in a way that yields sustained, measurable results.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7-10 years of increasing responsibilities in Sales, Partnerships or other related roles
- 5-10 years of sponsorship sales experience in a high-performance sales environment; Sports, Entertainment and/or Arena Industry experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dynamic, forward-thinking, extremely analytical and well organized.
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong natural selling skills with proven experience in pitch and strategic positioning.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word); Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) experience a plus.
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals outside.
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a strong and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations.
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non- verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Must produce results and be bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.
- Professional appearance, attitude and communication skills as well as the ability to work with others are required.
- Experienced with the development and execution of dynamic and effective platforms.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience..
- Successful business development track record; sports/entertainment partnership sales experience, preferred.
- Desire to craft marketing programs for brands in the sports and entertainment space, and real passion for bringing new ideas to life.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities, develop strategies, and negotiate contracts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking.
- Ambitious self-starter that works best under minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of new media and a desire to stay current on emerging digital platforms