The Capital Projects Program Manager reports to the Assistant General Manager. The Capital Projects Program Manager provides direct oversight for large and small-scale capital projects on the Fair Park Campus. Projects may include modification/renovation to existing structures, as well as new design & construction; multiple projects will be managed simultaneously resulting in a fast-paced environment. This position will support additional Fair Park Operational departments, various long-term and seasonal tenant/vendor events and activities when design and construction expertise is required/requested.
The CPPM role is to simultaneously manage internal and external resources as single point for all design and construction efforts across the Fair Park campus. This role encompasses minor renovations and departmental relocations up to management of renovations, new builds and/or selective demolition to accomplish the Master Plan Vision, as well as any additional capital improvement projects that are developed with your input and insight.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience managing complex multi-faceted programs from budgeting/project development through beneficial occupation. The role includes scheduling, estimating, design oversight, construction and operational review while maintaining a functioning multi-tenant campus.
A portion of the 277-acre campus is designated a National Historic Landmark and as such has unique multi-agency oversight. This role will include vertical, horizontal, infrastructure and subsurface improvements and enhancements campus wide.
The 2020 Master Plan Update identifies a 20-year capital investment strategy. Over the course of the past year, Fair Park First and a delegation of elected local and state officials, identified an additional funding source that will create a significant 10-year capital infusion. It will run concurrently with the four-phase planned approach delineated in the Master Plan Update, and there may be additional outside capital investment from any number of affiliated partners. The Fair Park CPPM will be instrumental in offering expertise, advice on prioritization, allocation of internal and external resources and management of those resources during execution of each effort.
This will be a team function with the CPPM reporting to the Assistant General Manager, working with the General Manager and the Fair Park First Leadership team including the Board President and Fair Park First CEO.
The Capital Projects Program Manager will be involved in, and help oversee, the entire scope and bid development process which will include but not be limited to, site survey reviews, budget reviews, development and management of project milestones and schedules, permit management, bid qualification development and project awards, procurement coordination, construction management and contract close outs.
- Develop, oversee and implement project scopes of work.
- Develop RFQ’s for professional service firms.
- Develop bid specifications and oversee the bid and award process, including assessment of bid qualifications.
- Manage design and construction project critical path schedules.
- Ensure all appropriate permits have been secured and recorded.
- Collect and compile all necessary owner related documents related to design and construction including, Certificates of Insurance, permits, etc.
- Oversee and liaise with Architectural Consultants, General Contractors and their associated Sub-Contractors.
- Work in association with other departments to coordinate design and construction activities.
- Support Facilities Department with procurement assistance, as needed.
- Utilize the City of Dallas EOD as guide recognizing the expressed desire to increase M/WBE participation and hyper-local engagement for workforce and businesses
- Evaluate, monitor and review workflow, methods and procedures for construction-related projects.
- Present design and construction timelines, updates and briefings to broad audiences including Board members, City officials, philanthropic individuals, foundations, and corporate officials.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and staff members at all levels.
- Execution and compliance of contracts.
- Assist Assistant General Manager in identifying future design and construction projects and associated budget forecasts.
- Create and maintain archival records of all project-related notes, drawings and other communication documents for future use by interested parties
- Seven to 10 years of experience in large-scale commercial construction project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, project management, real estate development or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required. The candidate must have the ability to influence and convey project expectations and updates to the project team with both internal and external business partners.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, OSHA regulations and construction safety best practices.
- Strong strategic and big picture planning skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Fundamental project management software experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use Adobe and/or CAD is preferred.
- Ability to understand, use and explore the latest technological tools in project management and large-scope construction is preferred.
- Proven history of successfully managing high volume of quick-paced design and construction projects.
- Proven history of successfully meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Proven history of successfully negotiating with suppliers, vendors and contractors.
- Proven history of coordinating large construction projects in a complex, active environment.
- Experience with historic properties is a plus.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing; ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Possess valid forklift certification or have the willingness to acquire.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Follow Corporate employment procedures and protocols.
- Weekends and evenings will be required occasionally.