The Director of Accounting is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of accounting functions and financial reporting. This position is based in the Philadelphia corporate office and will support multiple accounting functions. This position also has oversight responsibilities to enforce the application of all internal controls.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Manages the accounting function by supervising daily, weekly and monthly activities
- Reviews reasonableness of financial results
- Reviews general ledger accounts to ensure that activity is accurately recorded and properly reconciled.
- Provides leadership and opportunities for professional growth and development for the team.
- Provides auditing interface to external auditors.
- Notifies senior management of potential accounting issues or internal control weaknesses and develops possible corrective actions.
- Conducts special accounting projects as requested.
- Prior audit experience or experience dealing with external auditors highly desirable
- Ability to manage and motivate team in an ever evolving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Strong analytical abilities and organizational skills are essential to success in this position.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with course work in Accounting.
- CPA required
- Minimum of 7-12 years accounting experience with supervisory responsibilities.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER