*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
This position is responsible for supervision of the operations staff and overseeing coordination of facility operation on a day-to-day basis. This includes overall event performance to ensure the attainment of facility and company business objectives. Additionally, coordination with construction and project managers is necessary.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Directs, supervises, and schedules all aspects of operations (setup/housekeeping), trade departments (Pluming, HVAC, Electrical & General Maintenance, warehouse and Project Manager including: building and grounds; ADA compliance and Public Safety.
- Implements and updates facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures with keeping an updated Operations Manual for the Facility.
- Plan and direct outside vendors/contractors work to ensure compliance with business needs and safety requirements.
- Ensures that Operations Department receives pertinent information for the most effective use of the facility.
- Oversees maintenance of the Physical Plant, systems, equipment, and vehicles.
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and recommends a capital budget for 1-year and 5-year long-range repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Ensure we are compliant with all service contracts and works with the Project Manager to coordinate facility projects requirements.
- Knows and ensures all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, Risk Management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed in accordance with Federal, State and Local government agencies.
- Develops program to train all employees on Fire/Life Safety, Emergency and OSHA Procedures.
- Works closely with the Assistant General Manager-Operations and General Manager in the preparation and negotiation of Service Agreements. Reviews contracts for compliance with events and/or government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Develops and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, safety, and Risk Management policies in compliance with all Corporate and governmental regulations.
- Oversees the monthly reports for the warehouse and ensure an accurate annual audit is performed of the warehouse by the Warehouse personnel.
- Ensures the dedicated Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is up-to-date and provides accurate reports.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies. Assist GM in implementation of any energy saving guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate supervisors in any of the following departments: Changeover, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Operations, Production, Engineering, Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Technical Services, Event Services, Public Safety, Security and/or Parking Departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Spectra’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree from technical college with major in Management or Maintenance Engineering.
At least five (5) years of hands-on facility operations experience plus 2 years supervisory experience. Convention Center experience a plus.
Additional experience may be substituted for education.
Management experience required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent organization skills.
Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Must have exceptional communication skills with a high emphasis on customer relations and keen attention to detail required.
Ability to effectively supervise staff.
Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and must be able to learn Maintenance software programs.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.