*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Director of Finance plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for Spectra Venue Management at Fair Park Dallas, by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance directly supervises the Finance Department and Box Office employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Spectra’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Liaison with Fair Park First, and monitors Spectra’s compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits, reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee box office, ticket sale receipts and reporting.
- Oversee food and beverage accounting.
- Assist with show settlement including payments to promoters, compile all post-show financial info to enter GL, prepare show income/loss reports.
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely.
- Develop and implement all financial reporting.
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget, and Annual Report.
- Prepares and may present financial board presentation materials for governing non-profit board.
- Analyze balance sheet and P&L figures for monthly financial statements; prepare comments and explanations of performance trends.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes to meet business goals.
- Prepares forecasted statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues for internal and external users.
- Coordinate’s preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- CPA or MBA a plus, but not required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Working knowledge of Sage 100, or other accounting software required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, to include word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook.
- Industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to act as Manager on Duty from time to time, if required.
- Ability to work nights and weekends from time to time, if required.
- Be a business partner with other departments ensuring financial success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines.
- Experience with ADP payroll, and Sage accounting preferred.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.