The General Manager is responsible for the efficient, professional and profitable operation of the assigned Spectra venue. In addition to managing the day to day business operations, the General Manager solicits new sources of revenue, both on and off the venue property. The GM is responsible for overall management, promotion, and operation of the facility, including construction, purchasing, policy administration, booking, marketing, finance, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, production, maintenance, and related operations for the Stadium Complex. This position is responsible for the development, coordination and management of all aspects and strategies for the stadium's entertainment events.
- Arrange for and otherwise book Events at the venue, develop and maintain relationships with reputable promoters, local market contacts, agents and talent affiliates to attract concerts, shows, entertainment events, etc.
- Administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include: HR, Sales and Marketing, quality assurance, energy efficiency, safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management practices, or other areas as needed.
- Generate for client/corporate in a timely manner financial and other reports detailing the arena activities.
- Prepare a proposed annual Operating Budget and submit such proposed budget to client/corporate.
- Oversee day to day operation, ensuring s technical and staff resource needs for all events, oversees plans for allocating those resources, and successfully manages their efficient implementation.
- Insure all agreements made regarding the Arena Facility are in compliance with the contract, state and federal law.
- Provide final approval for all contracts and agreement.
- Attend conferences and trade association meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in Business/Hospitality Management or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years management experience in a Stadium, Arena, or other similar public assembly facility
- The ability to research, develop and maintain relationships with artist agents, artist management as well as local, regional and national promoters.
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations and event planning, facility operations, budget preparation and personnel management
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication
- Superior Sales and Marketing skills
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations
- Effectively work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be creative and work with various stakeholders and partners to develop and secure event content to supplement the soccer schedule of activity.
- Ability to communicate with client, employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.