Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
The Human Resources Assistant is an entry level position that will provide administrative support in functional areas of the Human Resources Department which include recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, regulatory reporting requirements, benefits administration and other areas as needed.
- Provide daily support to the Human Resources Department.
- Assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, etc.
- Answers staff questions regarding routine HR questions including but not limited to leaves of absence, recruitment, benefits, etc.
- Data entry input of all necessary payroll/personnel changes such as new hires, and other information to keep HRIS up to date and accurate.
- Maintain all electronic and physical employee files.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of HR files and records.
- Make photocopies, fax documents, file documentation appropriately, and perform other clerical functions.
- Complete employment verifications and wage garnishments.
- Perform internal audits to ensure that all employee documentation is collected and maintained according to all applicable rules and regulations.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Assist recruiter, hiring managers, and candidates throughout the recruiting process.
- Assist in the onboarding process.
- Manage the employee badge system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in an interruption-driven environment.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.