Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Shoshone-Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Grand Opening June 2012!
The new Shoshone-Bannock Hotel & Event Center will offer exceptional lodging accommodations, a wide range of innovative dining options, resort and spa amenities, and a full-service event center for conferences, meetings, shows, concerts, and other public and private events. Pampered guests can enjoy a wide range of entertainment and leisure time activities at this exciting new destination venue!
Owned and operated by the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes, the new hotel and event center is located in Southeastern Idaho, 12 miles north of Pocatello, conveniently adjacent to the popular Fort Hall Casino. The Fort Hall Casino offers fast action, high energy fun 24/7 in the friendliest gaming atmosphere in Southeast Idaho. The exciting Las Vegas-style gaming environment includes 900 slot machines, high-stakes Bingo, Blackjack and Solitaire, in addition to live entertainment. For more information about the casino, visit www.shobangaming.com.
Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Ovations Food Services, an affiliate of Comcast-Spectacor, is currently seeking a Reservations Manager. The Reservation Manager is responsible for overseeing the revenue management function for the hotel in regards to its room inventories and rates. This person participates in strategic hotel marketing plans by monitoring future room occupancy and revenues. The Reservations Manager will oversee the hotel reservations department to maintain optimum levels of production resulting in optimum hotel occupancy.
The Reservation Manager will address issues concerning employee performance, ensuring policies are administered fairly and consistently and disciplinary procedures and documentation are aligned with Ovations policy. They will ensure that regular on-going communication is happening with associates to create awareness of business objective as well as communicate expectations and recognize performance.
The following will be given consideration in the selection process:
• Preference will be given to a candidate who (1) is a Shoshone-Bannock Community member, or (2) other Native American affiliation; or (3) an individual has a working knowledge and appreciation of Native American culture in the workplace;
• Minimum 2 – 3 years Hotel Reservations Management;
• The ability to work a flexible schedule; able and willing to work nights, weekends and long hours, as necessary;
• Demonstrated ability to interact positively, professionally and effectively with guests, internal and external clients, vendors, etc.
• The ability to adhere to a high level of attention to detail with accuracy; exceptional organizational skills.
• A successful track record of providing high level administrative support to multiple managers in such functional areas as making travel arrangements, handling business correspondence, fielding telephone calls and email, assisting with placing recruitment or other ads, coordinating and planning meetings and company events, handling basic recordkeeping, assisting with special projects, and performing general clerical tasks.
• High level of proficiency with computers, Microsoft applications (advanced user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher), POS, fax, scanner, copier, printer, and phone system.
Well-qualified candidates should apply online with a cover letter, resume and salary history
Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience - Excellent Benefits Package
Ovations Food Services is committed to participating in the economic growth of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribal Community by providing preferential employment and professional development opportunities for enrolled Community members, and other enrolled Native American applicants and employees, in accordance with the Indian Preference Act and Tribal Employment Rights Office mandates.
Ovations Food Services, an affiliate of Comcast-Spectacor, is a recognized industry leader, and the second fastest-growing contract food service provider in the US. We specialize in delivering exceptional food & beverage service to public assembly facilities such as convention centers, stadiums, arenas, amphitheaters, fairgrounds & casinos.
No calls, walk-ins or recruiter/search firm inquiries, please.
Ovations Food Services, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/V/F/D/NA are encouraged to apply
How did you hear about this job?
If yes, indicate the name records are listed under or type no:
Is there any other name under which you have employment or education records - yes or no?
What days and hours are you available for work?
Are you available for work on weekends - yes or no?
Can you, within 3 days after employment, submit documentation verifying that you are legally eligible to work in the United States - yes or no?
Are you at least 18 years old - yes or no?
Have you ever worked for the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes or any of their vendors, associations or partners - yes or no?
If yes, explain, otherwise, type no:
Have you ever been convicted of a crime (felony or misdemeanor) other than a minor traffic offense (a conviction will not necessarily automatically disqualify you from employment) - yes or no?
Are you an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe - yes or no?
If yes, please be prepared to submit documentation at the time of your new hire orientation, if hired. Please provide the tribe affiliation and enrollment number or type no:
Do you have other experience, training, qualifications or skills which you feel make you especially suited for work at Ovations - yes or no?
If yes, explain, otherwise, type no:
I certify that the information I have given herein is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. Please type “I AGREE”, if you agree.
I understand that I must have the ability to obtain and maintain the proper licensing through the Tribal Gaming Office in order for me to work within the organization. Please type “I AGREE”, if you agree.
I understand that any misrepresentation, omissions of facts, or incomplete answers in any application document will disqualify me from further consideration for employment. Please type “I AGREE”, if you agree.