Technical Support Specialist - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are hiring a Technical Support Specialist. The Technical Support Specialists will be performing a wide range of technical support and problem solving, This role requires a positive attitude with a team driven and proactive mindset.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Able to help end users in a polite and professional matter
- Utilize help desk software to track and document issues and their solutions.
- Basic laptop and desktop troubleshooting
- Printer and copier configuration and troubleshooting
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Running and terminating IT cabling
- 18 years of age or older.
- General IT knowledge
- Self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
- Experience within a sports, entertainment, or related field is a plus.
- Experience in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to read, write, and understand English.
- The ability to function independently in a fast paced, high-pressure environment is essential.
- The ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays is essential.
- The ability to work with the public and have interpersonal and communications skills is essential.
- A willingness to learn, work hard and always show up on time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to walk 2-6 miles on an event day.
- Ability to go under stands and tables, mount and remove equipment from ceiling, etc.
- Ability to push, pull, and/or lift 75lbs or more.
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Are you able to work flexible hours such as evenings, weekends and some holidays?
How many years of IT experience do you have?
When are you available to attend our Job Fair?