Network Engineer - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are hiring a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer reports directly to the Director of Technology. The Network Engineer is responsible for overseeing the IT network infrastructure and cybersecurity within the organization. This position will maintain and improve a state of the art converged network with over 1000 WAPs by identifying, developing, and selecting technologies while managing key relationships with vendors and partners. The role will manage infrastructure oversight for all network operations, including switching, firewalls, wireless networks, RF coordination, and procurement. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing large scale networks. The candidate will also be a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up his or her sleeves, working as part of a team, and jumping between disciplines to achieve goals.
- Provide direction and support in the development and deployment of the organization’s network infrastructure.
- Monitor network performance using the appropriate tools and troubleshoot to resolve any issues
- Maintain and improve network resilience
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of Cisco phone system
- Collaborate with internal groups to achieve successful delivery and avoid/mitigate adverse outcomes.
- Define key reporting metrics to communicate deployment and network successes to the organization and executive management.
- Work with leaders and end-users across disciplines to select appropriate technologies to meet core organizational needs.
- Lead configuration and deployment of enterprise tools shared across the org, including initial and ongoing support.
- Actively communicate current issues, upcoming changes, etc. to staff in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the network and make recommendations based on best practices and observations.
- Educate staff on best practices in their use of technologies.
- Develop and maintain support maintenance, procedural, and other documents for use by all levels of support personnel, as well as end-user documentation.
- Keeping cybersecurity in front of mind lead users into best practices for safe sharing of information.
- Establish and monitor best practices for data security and sharing.
- Support, install, and configure network technology for headquarters, remote offices, and remote employees.
- Respond to incoming support issues via phone, email, and the web while providing positive customer service experiences.
- Mentor and train the help desk team
- Serve as senior escalation for all network related issues
- Establish, maintain and monitor user-centric support practices.
- Actively participate in the Technology Steering Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive network experience.
- Experience administrating a large scale network; multi-site IT operations environment preferred.
- Advanced support level knowledge of Cisco technologies, including, but not limited to routing, switching, wireless, VoIP, DNA center.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Firewall technologies both hardware and software
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Strong knowledge of network concepts including, but not limited to, netmasks, VLANs, ACLs, DHCP, DNS, VRRP, NAT, MAB, and IP SLA.
- Must have the ability to recognize problem areas, define solutions, and implement those solutions promptly.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
Who you are:
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science?
Do you have 3+ years of progressive network experience?
Are you experienced in administrating a large scale network?