IPTV, Manager - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
UBS Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Elmont · NY
Technical Services: Broadcast Programming
Made for Music, Built for Hockey
About UBS Arena
UBS Arena is the first third-generation arena in New York and will become the new home for the New York Islanders for the 2021-22 season. On the grounds of historic Belmont Park, UBS Arena is Made for Music and Built for Hockey; designed to deliver superior concert acoustics and unforgettable experiences for both music and hockey fans. UBS Arena will attract a roster of world-class artists and diverse music genres and expects to host more than 150 major events annually.
We are hiring an IPTV Manager. We are looking for an experienced manager of IPTV systems to oversee the operation and maintenance of IPTV at UBS Arena. This person should have experience both setting up and operating the user interface for large scale IPTV systems as well as deploying, managing, and maintaining the associated hardware. You will be working on a broad range of events from NHL games and major concert tours to corporate events, and specialty activations. The IPTV system will be integral to the success of all of these events. You will also have the opportunity to be involved with the system as it is deployed for the first time and will have a significant impact on how the system is configured at launch.
This position will report to the Arena AV Systems Engineer In Charge and will work closely with the NYI Event Presentation team as well as the UBS Arena Operations and IT teams.
*Experience in arena, stadium, or large venue IPTV operations is highly desired and preferred.
While you are here, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours i.e.: nights and weekends around event days
- High degree of personal integrity, workload prioritization and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Awareness of and interest in latest broadcast video and display technologies
- Build and design IPTV system interface for launch of UBS Arena
- Monitor system performance and perform or coordinate necessary maintenance
- Assist event-day operators with technical operations of IPTV System
- Keep accurate documentation on system design and changes
- Collaborate with other departments to meet their needs in the variety of spaces at the arena
What you need to be qualified:
- Ability to plan and coordinate and organized and efficient initial deployment of the venue IPTV system
- Experience designing and operating large venue IPTV systems
- Basic understanding of IP infrastructure
- Familiarity with Crestron control systems
- Professionalism regarding working with entities from internal departments, service providers, and show personnel
Who you are:
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
Joining the team means:
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start-up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
The Fine Print
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have 3-5 years of experience working with IPTV systems?