Supervisor, Event Security - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are hiring a Supervisor, Event Security. The Supervisor, Event Security reports to the Building Security manager and is primarily responsible for the 24/7 safety and security of UBS Arena and the surrounding property. The Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the arena security staff and associated equipment and technology, such as CCTV and access control.
- Responsible for providing security to public attendees at a ticketed event or an event open to the public.
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to effectively service guests, clients and employees
- Must be a team player and self-motivator.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be expected to work any post assigned to them.
- When required, use provided communication devices such as two-way radios.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited items into UBS Arena.
- Write reports to document incidents involving guests, employees and unusual occurrences
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function independently in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be comfortable working with the public and have strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Technical knowledge in areas of Access Control and CCTV.
- Strong interpersonal skills with customer service focus.
- Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to lead, give clear and concise direction, and provide feedback to staff.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required
- Position will require working occasional nights and weekends.
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
We will be holding in person interviews and potential job offers during our Job Fair! Please see the times and dates below and we are looking forward to seeing you at the Belmont Racetrack Grandstand!
- Monday, September 13th 2PM – 7PM
- Wednesday, September 15th 12PM – 6PM
- Monday, September 20th 12PM – 6PM
- Wednesday, September 22nd 2PM – 7PM
Do you have 5+ years of progressive experience relating to venue security and facility operations?
Do you have 3+ years of Supervisory management experience, preferable in a union environment?
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Are you able to work flexible hours such as evenings, weekends and some holidays?
When are you available to attend our Job Fair?