Laborer - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are our hiring our Laborer. The Laborer is responsible for Operating and converting UBS Arena from event to event. You will be working to reconfigure the arena, it’s floor and concourses based on the specific needs of each event at UBS Arena.
- Ability to work required shift(s) any day of the week.
- Lift heavy weights, stand and move on your feet for long periods of time
- Follow directions and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task or another, without the loss of efficiency of composure.
- Follow all operating policies and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Job related training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities preferred.
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills.
- Conversion or change-over experience required.
- Must have the ability to read and write in a working environment.
- Ability to perform in crisis and to work under pressure without the loss of composure.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, lift up to 75lbs, reach, pull, push, grasp, and drag.
- Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from UBS Arena for scheduled shifts.
- Must have the ability to stand in the same spot for an extended period of time
- Must be courteous and polite
- Must be knowledgeable about buildings and events
- Must have a desire to work events, nights, and weekends.
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
We will be holding in person interviews and potential job offers during our Job Fair! Please see the times and dates below and we are looking forward to seeing you at the Belmont Racetrack Grandstand!
- Monday, September 13th 2PM – 7PM
- Wednesday, September 15th 12PM – 6PM
- Monday, September 20th 12PM – 6PM
- Wednesday, September 22nd 2PM – 7PM
Oak View Group
Do you have 2+ years of experience handling building conversions?
Are you available to work shifts any day of the week?
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
What time and day are you available to attend our Job Fair?
Are you available to work nights, weekends, and holidays?