Guest Service Supervisor - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are our hiring our Guest Services Supervisor. Our Guest Service Supervisor team will be essential in creating a safe and memorable experience for all guests and team members at UBS Arena. This role requires a positive attitude, as well as a team-driven and proactive mindset. Each member of this team is responsible for providing an exceptional level of service to our guests in addition to access and crowd control for UBS Arena.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to give concise directions to guests.
- Assist guests with disabilities with reasonable requests for accommodations, including but not limited to wheelchair escort services.
- Complete all necessary pre, during, and post documents, paperwork, and reports according to assignment
- Coordinate team member post assignment
- Assist with crowd control measures
- Aid in orderly ingress and egress
- Effectively communicate safety and security measures throughout the arena.
- Enforce policies, procedures, and standards for team members and guests
- Engage with team members and guests in a positive and effective manner
- Facilitate employee pre and post briefing
- Identify opportunities to create memorable experiences for guests.
- Manage team member breaks
- Manage team members pre, during, and post event
- Proactively welcome guests and assist with questions and requests.
- Provide accurate facility information with excellent customer service to patrons
- Provide directions to ticketed seats and other arena locations.
- Respond to and/or escalate guest complaints, concerns, and compliments.
- Scan in each ticket to events
- Understand, retain, and provide event information to guests.
- Understand, retain, and adhere to safety protocols and procedures.
- Other organizational and administrative duties as determined by management
- 18 years of age or older.
- Experience in a customer service-based industry is essential.
- Experience within a sports, entertainment, or related field is essential.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisor and/or leadership role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to read, write and understand English.
- The ability to function independently in a fast paced, high-pressure environment is essential.
- The ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays is essential.
- The ability to work with the public and have interpersonal and communications skills is essential.
- Ability to stand in the same spot for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to work steep, elevated areas.
- Ability to be mobile.
- Ability to work in enclosed space.
- Ability to push, pull, and/or lift 50lbs or more.
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
- Monday, September 13th 2PM – 7PM
- Wednesday, September 15th 12PM – 6PM
- Monday, September 20th 12PM – 6PM
- Wednesday, September 22nd 2PM – 7PM
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Are you able to work flexible hours such as evenings, weekends and some holidays?
Do you have 2+ years of experience in a supervisory and/or leadership role?
When are you available to attend our Job Fair?