Event Security Officer - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are our hiring our Event Security Officer. The Event Security Officer reports to the Building Security manager and is primarily responsible for security operations for UBS Arena. The Security Officer is responsible for building security and ensuring all operational activities are effective and meet efficiency and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Responsible for providing security to public attendees at a ticketed event or an event open to the public.
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to effectively service guests, clients and employees.
- Must be a team player and self-motivator.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be expected to work any post assigned to them.
- When required, use provided communication devices such as two-way radios.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited items into UBS Arena.
- Write reports to document incidents involving guests, employees and unusual occurrences
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function independently in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be comfortable working with the public and have strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
We will be holding in person interviews and potential job offers during our Job Fair! Please see the times and dates below and we are looking forward to seeing you at the Belmont Racetrack Grandstand!
- Monday, September 13th 2PM – 7PM
- Wednesday, September 15th 12PM – 6PM
- Monday, September 20th 12PM – 6PM
- Wednesday, September 22nd 2PM – 7PM
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Are you able to work evenings & weekends for events?
Are you able to work flexible hours?
When are you available to attend our Job Fair?