Elevator Operator - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are our hiring our Elevator Operator. Our Elevator Operator team will be essential in creating a safe and memorable experience for all guests at UBS Arena. This role requires a positive attitude, as well as a team-driven and proactive mindset. Each member of this team is responsible for providing an exceptional level of service to our guests in addition to access and crowd control for UBS Are
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to give concise directions to guests
- Aid in orderly ingress and egress
- Assist with crowd control measures
- Control access and press buttons to elevator to limit patrons touching elevator buttons
- Effectively communicate safety and security measures throughout the arena
- Identify opportunities to create memorable experiences for guests
- Proactively welcome guests and assist with questions and requests
- Provide accurate facility information with excellent customer service to patrons
- Provide directions to ticketed seats and other arena locations
- Respond to and/or escalate guest complaints, concerns, and compliments.
- Manage elevator capacity.
- Provide exceptional guest service.
- Understand, retain, and provide event information to guests.
- Understand, retain, and adhere to safety protocols and procedures.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Experience in a customer service-based industry, not required but a plus.
- Experience within a sports, entertainment, or related field, not required but a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to read, write, and understand English.
- The ability to function independently in a fast paced, high-pressure environment is essential.
- The ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays is essential.
- The ability to work with the public and have interpersonal and communications skills is essential.
- Ability to stand in the same spot for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to work steep, elevated areas.
- Ability to be mobile.
- Ability to push, pull, and/or lift 50lbs or more.
- Ability to work in enclosed space.
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
We will be holding in person interviews and potential job offers during our Job Fair! Please see the times and dates below and we are looking forward to seeing you at the Belmont Racetrack Grandstand!
- Monday, September 13th 2PM – 7PM
- Wednesday, September 15th 12PM – 6PM
- Monday, September 20th 12PM – 6PM
- Wednesday, September 22nd 2PM – 7PM
The Fine Print
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Do you have experience in a customer service based industry?
Which time & Date are you available to attend our Job Fair?