Arena AV Engineer - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
UBS Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Elmont · NY
Technical Services: Technical/Engineering
Made for Music, Built for Hockey
About UBS Arena
UBS Arena is the first third-generation arena in New York and will become the new home for the New York Islanders for the 2021-22 season. On the grounds of historic Belmont Park, UBS Arena is Made for Music and Built for Hockey; designed to deliver superior concert acoustics and unforgettable experiences for both music and hockey fans. UBS Arena will attract a roster of world-class artists and diverse music genres and expects to host more than 150 major events annually.
We are hiring an Arena AV Engineer. We are looking for an experienced AV and broadcast technician to assist with the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and repairs of critical building equipment and infrastructure systems. This person should have a strong background in live broadcast and event audio and video presentation systems, including signal path distribution and routing, equipment set up, and regular maintenance procedures. You will be working on a broad range of events from NHL games and major concert tours to corporate events, specialty activations, and press conferences.
This position will report to the Arena AV Systems Engineer In Charge and will work closely with the NYI Event Presentation team as well as the UBS Arena Operations team. If you are passionate about building your career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you.
While you are here, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours i.e.: nights and weekends around event days
- High degree of personal integrity, workload prioritization and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Awareness of and interest in latest broadcast video and display technologies
- Set up and test event-day AV equipment according to specific needs of that event
- Perform regular maintenance tasks on building AV equipment
- Assist event-day operators with technical operations of UBS Arena control room equipment
What you need to be qualified:
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with AV systems in a high-pressure live event environment
- Experience with audio and video signal distribution and routing systems
- Experience with live broadcast production
- Professionalism regarding working with entities from internal departments, service providers, and show personnel
Who you are:
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
Joining the team means:
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start-up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
The Fine Print
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have 3-5 years of experience in the AV operations industry?