Manager, Preview Club - UBS Arena (New York · NY)
UBS Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Made for Music, Built for Hockey
About UBS Arena
UBS Arena is the first third-generation arena in New York and will become the new home for the New York Islanders for the 2021-22 season. On the grounds of historic Belmont Park, UBS Arena is Made for Music and Built for Hockey; designed to deliver superior concert acoustics and unforgettable experiences for both music and hockey fans. UBS Arena will attract a roster of world-class artists and diverse music genres and expects to host more than 150 major events annually.
We are hiring a Manager. The Manager will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the business in conjunction with the Director of Hospitality. The Manager oversees service standards, operational efficiency, member/guest experience, and staff retention. Including day-to-day staff management, a Manager is also an ambassador for the UBS Arena brand and fully embraces our ethos, support staff, member and guest experience. The Manager works very closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal experience is delivered through staff, food, drink, events and amenities. A successful Manager will collaboratively work with the Director of Hospitality to develop goals and actionable items required to optimize performance and profitability.
While you are here, you will:
- Be a strategic business partner and influential leader who communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders by assessing business objects and delivering an elevated, approachable and profitable experience that is consistent and regularly assessed for improvement and innovation
- Work closely with Director of Hospitality to assess and develop operational goals based off weekly, daily and quarterly business goals
- Execute action plans on time and budget to support business improvements and focus on optimizing profit, minimizing margins and promote exceptional experience(s) for member, guest, staff
- Adhere to UBS Arena’s company policies for food safety, allergy procedure and creating an overall safe and inviting space for members, guests, staff by partnering with Health & Safety leaders and following local, government and regional compliance and abiding by legal standards
- Be an influential leader and decision maker that supports, guides, develops and implements policies, procedure and systems to improve business operations, service, retention and over all experiences that have been outlined by Director of Hospitality
- Identify customers and Department leaders needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- Oversee the overall maintenance and functionality of the UBS Preview Club
- Liaise with the maintenance department to ensure all areas are in perfect condition to ensure smooth service and design standard of UBS Arena Preview Club.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you need to be qualified:
- Project Management - ability to manage all areas of a project concurrently.
- A multi-tasker and great organizer - ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Event Management - 2+ years’ experience, or equivalent experience in event production or event management.
- A strong communicator – ability to communicate production elements with all external partners, clients and colleagues.
- Strong social skills for dealing with and developing clients, suppliers, staff relationships, and members.
- Excellent negotiation skills for dealing with suppliers.
- Design & Styling – ability to style spaces that are on brand with Preview Club design style
- Food & Beverage experience – working with catering companies, waitstaff and bartenders.
- People supervision – clear briefing and on-event managerial skills
- Self-starter – a naturally driven and motivated individual is essential
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Food Protection Certificate
- 5+ years equivalent industry experience or gained working experience in a hotel, restaurant or bar in the same position for around 1 to 2 years
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships as well as highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Must have flexible schedule including evenings, holidays, and weekends; with a willingness to travel
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- A sophisticated communicator with excellent communication, problem solving and listening skills
- Creative and analytical thinker who is driven by results and guest satisfaction.
- Understand, maintain, and enforce local and government regulated food safety, risk prevention, fire prevention and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all staff and guests
Who you are:
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
Joining the team means:
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
The Fine Print
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have 2+ years of experience in event management?
Do you have experience in the hospitality industry for 1-2 years?
Do you have an NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Food Protection Certificate?