Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
UBS Arena, the first third-generation arena in the industry and future home to New York Islanders, is hiring a Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis. At 700,000 square feet and seating up to 19,000 visitors, UBS Arena is being “made for music, built for hockey.”
- In conjunction with Operations (meetings, worksheet reviews, etc.) prepare detailed consolidated zero-based annual budget for stakeholders, Board of Directors and debt holders, including:
- Situation Analysis – strengths, weaknesses, business environment, competition, etc.
- Strategic Plan – organization’s goals and milestones to achieve
- Income Statement - detail by event, sponsor, premium, personnel, general and administrative expenses, depreciation, interest.
- Cash Flow
- Capital Expenditures – including rationale and ROI (if applicable)
- Staffing – by person, promotions / adjustments, new hire request justification, etc.
- Variance analysis to current and prior year.
- Risks and Opportunities sensitivity analysis
- Input annual budget to general ledger for tracking purposes
- Review monthly financial reports, analyze variances and trends and write analysis (“Monthly Financial Report”) to the monthly financial reports for distribution to the various stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly ‘Outlooks’ (working with Operations) for inclusion in the monthly report. High level looks at the current quarter and full year.
- Prepare more detailed (more than Outlooks, less than Budget) quarterly ‘Forecasts’ in conjunction with Operations. Input same into the GL for tracking.
- Prepare financial reports for quarterly Board of Managers meeting; assist in compiling entire Board presentation.
- Participate and prepare cost estimates for union negotiations.
- Review capital expenditure requests for supporting documentation, ROI, etc.
- Review expenditure and contract requests for budget status.
- Assist in event budget preparation as needed
- Ad hoc analysis (F&B, Merchandise, Premium, Parking, etc.) as needed
- 7-10 years progressive experience in strategy, development, FP&A function within a growing business
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or similar. MBA desirable but not required.
- Experience in entertainment or venue management preferred
- Ability to create and lead a positive and inclusive workplace environment
- Creative problem solver who can identify solutions and address guest concerns efficiently and professionally while remaining calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Demonstrated success in leading, motivating, and developing employees
- Personal integrity and practice of leading with the organization’s best interest in mind
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
Do you have 7+ years of progressive experience in strategy, development, financial planning and analysis?
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in finance or a similar field?
Do you have prior experience in the entertainment or venue management industry?