Staff Accountant - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are hiring a Staff Accountant. If you are passionate about building your financial career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you. Bring a willingness to learn, your strong analytical skills as you will be preparing and maintaining financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss and other related financial activities. You will report directly to the Director of Finance and will engage frequently with all departments across our six entities.
- Prepare detailed event specific budget for potential bookings for SVP – Programming and SVP – AGM
- Incorporate comments and answer questions on assumptions – attendance, pricing manifest, ancillary revenue per caps, building staffing, etc.
- Establish event codes in the system for events that confirm, maintain master list.
- Attend event (nights, weekends, holidays) and prepare promoter settlement, factoring in any day of event issues (OT, catering, etc.).
- Review settlement with Promoter, SVP – Programming and SVP – AGM and obtain sign off.
- Prepare wire transfer request and input same into banking system for next day payment.
- Prepare P&L Flash Report the day after the event for distribution to executive leadership team.
- Prepare month end journal entries and review final event P&Ls.
- Review, reconcile and record weekly Ticketmaster settlements.
- Record deferred revenue in detail by event in the General Ledger.
- Issue ‘advanced sales report’ to stakeholders, including detail on sales – seasons, groups, partials, general, etc.
- Recognize ticket revenue or payable (depending on deal) after event plays off.
- Reconcile deferred revenue general ledger account to TM reports.
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations, including bank accounts, prepaid expenses, deferred revenues, etc.
- Review and record activity by event from third party F&B operator (Delaware North).
- Review and record activity by event and lot from the third-party parking operator (TBD).
- Prepare payment requisition for Common Co parking surcharges.
- Prepare required analysis for Garage Co. payments.
- Assist in response to the annual audit and tax information requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of accounting, finance, or other relevant experience. Prior experience in events/entertainment a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite, Paylocity, Concur and Ticketmaster Platforms a plus
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Exceptional account management and customer service skills.
- Passionate and invested in your work.
- Curious to learn and build upon already existing skill set.
- Motivated, self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
Do you have 2+ years of Accounting, Finance, or other relevant experience?
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field?
Do you have 2+ years of experience with NetSuite, Paylocity, Concur and Ticketmaster Platforms?