Payroll Assistant - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are hiring a Payroll Assistant to perform weekly payroll processing and maintain employee time records. This role requires a positive attitude with a team driven and proactive mindset.
- Enter, maintain, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, address changes, and other information
- Ensure proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions (garnishments, child support, etc..)
- Maintain “After The Fact WIP” records in ABI
- Reconcile payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements
- Issue, or reissue, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge
- Record and process federal and state payroll tax deposits
- Maintain schedule of upcoming union raises or benefit changes in order to be proactive with system changes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Paylocity HR System and ABI Time Management Systems preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Do you have 2+ years of Payroll experience?
Are you familiar with Paylocity and ABI Time Management Systems?