Jr. Accountant - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
- Prepare detailed event specific budget for potential bookings for SVP – Programming and SVP – AGM
- Incorporate comments and answer questions on assumptions – attendance, pricing manifest, ancillary revenue per caps, building staffing, etc.
- Establish event codes in the system for events that confirm, maintain master list.
- Attend event (nights, weekends, holidays) and prepare promoter settlement, factoring in any day of event issues (OT, catering, etc.).
- Review settlement with Promoter, SVP – Programming and SVP – AGM and obtain sign off.
- Prepare wire transfer request and input same into banking system for next day payment.
- Prepare P&L Flash Report the day after the event for distribution to executive leadership team.
- Prepare month end journal entries and review final event P&Ls.
- Review, reconcile and record weekly Ticketmaster settlements.
- Record deferred revenue in detail by event in the General Ledger.
- Issue ‘advanced sales report’ to stakeholders, including detail on sales – seasons, groups, partials, general, etc.
- Recognize ticket revenue or payable (depending on deal) after event plays off.
- Reconcile deferred revenue general ledger account to TM reports.
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations, including bank accounts, prepaid expenses, deferred revenues, etc.
- Review and record activity by event from third party F&B operator (Delaware North).
- Review and record activity by event and lot from the third-party parking operator (TBD).
- Prepare payment requisition for Common Co parking surcharges.
- Prepare required analysis for Garage Co. payments.
- Assist in response to the annual audit and tax information requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of accounting, finance, or other relevant experience. Prior experience in events/entertainment a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite, Paylocity, Concur and Ticketmaster Platforms a plus
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Exceptional account management and customer service skills.
- Passionate and invested in your work.
- Curious to learn and build upon already existing skill set.
- Motivated, self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of start up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
The Fine Print
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field?
Do you have 2+ years of experience in accounting, finance, or a related field?
Are you familiar with NetSuite, Paylocity, Concur, and Ticketmaster Platforms?