Conference Sales Manager - OVG Facilities (Moon Township · PA)
OVG Facilities jobs
Sports Jobs in Moon Township · PA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Convention Sales
JOB TITLE: Conference Sales Manager
OVG Facilities – UPMC Events Center @ Robert Morris University
Full-time - Experienced
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
OVG Facilities has an exciting opening for a Conference Sales Manager for the UPMC Events Center, centered on the campus of Robert Morris University. The UPMC Events Center opened in May 2019 and is home to Robert Morris Colonial Men’s & Women’s Basketball and Women’s Volleyball as well as variety of events, such as commencement, concerts, meetings, conferences, featured speakers, and banquets. The 161,000 square foot multi-purpose facility boasts a 4,000 plus seat arena, the 11,000 sq. ft. UPMC Health Plan Conference Center, a practice court for Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Women’s Volleyball teams, and a strength and conditioning center.
With an additional 11,000 square feet of conference space attached to the main arena, the UPMC Health Plan Conference Center provides the expanding campus community with new meeting space and offers the Pittsburgh West/Airport Corridor conference facilities featuring on site catering services, state-of-the-art technology, and customizable options for a variety of functions.
The Conference Sales Manager is responsible for booking corporate, private and internal Robert Morris University events through an aggressive marketing and sales program. The Conference Sales Manager will work on conference and meeting space booking opportunities, work with clients on rates and contract terms and convey this information to all departments. The candidate will be able to execute all aspects of the sale process, promote to potential clients, establish working relationships, initiate sales calls, and ensure booking information is maintained and up to date.
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Represents the UPMC Events Center as its primary sales representative locally, regionally, and nationally for corporate and private events.
- Researches, identifies and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the UPMC Events Center through daily cold calling and solicitations
- Assists in developing and implementing the sales/marketing activities of the UPMC Events Center including developing budget submissions and follow-through systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Convention & Visitors Bureau, local Chambers of Commerce, area hotels, UPMC Events Center staff, service providers, and facility users
- Responds in a timely manner to inquiries by prospective and confirmed facility users regarding rental rates and space availability of the UPMC Events Center.
- Conducts facility tours and make formal presentations to convention and exhibition managers and other facility users regarding facility booking policies, rental rates, services, and optional policies
- Prepares written facility use proposals and cost estimates for potential facility users: re-evaluates potential business value of various events and facility users; initiates booking discussions; finalizes all booking arrangements
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Creates awareness and actively sells and solicits all goods and services through attendance at trade shows and other industry functions
- Maintains thorough knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing
- Travels as required by General Manager
- Meets specified goals and objectives for facility usage
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of responsible sales/event experience in a convention center, conference center or other similar facility Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with data processing and MS Office applications.
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events and holidays as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have any experience with event layout software? (i.e. Autocad, social tables, etc.)