Vice President of Partnerships & Sales - Moody Center (Austin · TX)
Moody Center jobs
Sports Jobs in Austin · TX
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsor
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, Oak View Group (OVG) is the largest developer of new arenas in the world with over $4.5 billion worth of projects underway in Seattle, Belmont Park, Austin, Savannah, Palm Springs, Milan, and Manchester (U.K.). The company has over 500 employees across five offices around the globe.
We are here to be a positive disruption to business as usual in the sports and live entertainment industry. At OVG, we own the space between the “What If” and the “How To.” We believe it is not enough to consider what our clients could be, we build businesses by dreaming of the impossible while thinking strategically and how to execute flawlessly. The status quo is our adversary.
We never forget that we are fans first and every decision we make is through that lens. It is that unique perspective that drives our passion for innovating and improving the live experience.
OVG is currently comprised of nine different business divisions that operate with one common goal in mind – to be a positive disruption. Each division is comprised of industry veterans who built their careers and reputations on the premise of leaving somewhere better and stronger than where they found it. Our immense practical and first-hand knowledge fosters an environment of trust, collaboration, and ingenuity. Humility is at our core. We do not strive to be the biggest – we strive to earn the respect of the industry and our clients through the world-class work that we do and we take pride in being the best. Visit www.oakviewgroup.com to learn more about our company.
About Moody Center:
The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Moody Center is being constructed on land owned by the University of Texas. The $338 million venue is being privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/ C3 Presents, Matthew McConaughey and The University of Texas at Austin.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the culture and music history of Austin, Texas is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
Suitable for the role are commercially aggressive professionals who have a track record in the sponsorship space of delivering high value deals with creative activation strategies intertwined. Strong candidates will possess high level commercial relationships across North America amongst brands, agencies, leagues and properties utilizing them to expand OVG’s business interests in Austin at Moody Center. In this start-up environment, candidates who can demonstrate entrepreneurial prowess will be favorable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the leader and key stakeholder for the sponsorship sales process for Moody Center.
- Coordinate with Presidents of OVG Global Partnerships and OVG Collegiate to develop a strategic plan to drive annual revenue and COI for Moody Center.
- Manage a team of sales professionals to drive specific revenue goals for Moody Center.
- Prospect, develop and sell new integrated business partnerships to accomplish individual sales goals.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all other OVG properties, clients, and initiatives.
- Work in tandem with the OVG Global Partnerships and OVG Collegiate team to identify and create new partnership assets for Moody Center and other designated OVG properties; Develop innovative platforms and programs to drive incremental revenue for Moody Center and OVG; take leadership in the creation of sales materials and collateral.
- Create and effectively maintain reporting documents in an organized manner; Develop and track new revenue pipeline to present to senior leadership, ownership, etc. on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Monitor relevant market developments in the entertainment/sporting industry.
- Attend networking and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional partners.
- Must have the ability to network and create relationships while working efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Minimum 20% travel expected.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours at Moody Center events including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8-12 years of professional sponsorship experience in a high-performance sales environment; Sports, Entertainment and/or Arena Industry experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dynamic, forward-thinking, extremely analytical and well organized.
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong natural selling skills with proven experience in pitch and strategic positioning.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word); Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Kore.
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable this person to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals outside the organization.
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a strong and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations.
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non- verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Must produce results and be bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude and communication skills as well as the ability to work with others are required.
- Experience with the development and execution of dynamic and effective platforms.
- Familiarity with the standard demographic research & analytics tools (i.e.- Scarborough, Repucom, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Knowledge of the Austin corporate market is preferred.
Oak View Group, Moody Center and Austin Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.