Box Office / Usher - Oak View Group (Mesa · AZ)
Oak View Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Mesa · AZ
Ticket Operations: Box Office Ticket Seller
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Oak View Group
Oak View Group
OVG facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for part-time box office/ usher positions at the Legacy Sports Park opening in January of 2022. Legacy Sports Park is a 320-acre multi-use family, sport and entertainment complex of outdoor and indoor team athletic facilities geared toward high-energy entertainment and sports in Mesa, Arizona.
Box Office/ Usher provide professional and exemplary customer service to all guests.
- Usher – responsible for greeting guests properly in various locations of the complex, directing them to desired locations, and ensuring proper crowd flow
- Box Office – responsible for selling and scanning tickets for the appropriate event.
- Access Control – responsible for allowing only valid tickets or credentials into specific areas of the complex, not permitting spirits to leave certain spaces, and scanning tickets and/or providing wristbands or stamps to guests when needed
- Fill In Staff/Breakers – all box office/ ushers are expected to fill in any position as needed during any point of the event and will possibly become breakers during events to assist in giving co-workers breaks in various areas and positions around the complex.
Key Job Components:
- Provide World-Class service to all guests, vendors, and employees at all times
- Anticipate and respond professionally to guests’ needs, concerns and questions
- Check assigned areas pre and post event; proactively report and address needs prior to park opening and follow up to ensure issues are resolved
- Learn all complex policies, procedures, locations, and event specific information provided
- Recognize/check all ticket types and provide guests with friendly, accurate directions
- Monitor assigned sections and surrounding areas to identify issues, report and notify appropriate personnel, and ensure compliance with arena policies, cleanliness, and safety
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including uniform and appearance guidelines
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Work well with others, assist teammates, and perform and complete a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, without the loss of efficiency or composure within Guest Services guidelines
- As necessary, handle tough, high-pressure situations while remaining calm and professional
- Complete other duties as assigned by Guest Services supervisors
- Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions
Math and computer skills required.
Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates.
Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts.
Must be able to stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking including stairs
May be required to perform diverse physical tasks
Possible hazards include, but are not limited to slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
Ability to experience and evaluate services
Ability to taste and evaluate food products
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi- task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in- person with others to exchange accurate information.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.