Vice President of Finance with Coachella Valley Arena in Coachella Valley · CA
Coachella Valley Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Coachella Valley · CA
Accounting and Finance: CFO
Founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, Oak View Group (OVG) is the largest developer of new arenas in the world with over $4.5 billion worth of projects underway in Seattle, Belmont Park, Austin, Savannah, Palm Springs, Milan, and Manchester (U.K.). The company has over 500 employees across five offices around the globe.
We are here to be a positive disruption to business as usual in the sports and live entertainment industry. At OVG, we own the space between the “What If” and the “How To.” We believe it is not enough to consider what our clients could be, we build businesses by dreaming of the impossible while thinking strategically and how to execute flawlessly. The status quo is our adversary.
We never forget that we are fans first and every decision we make is through that lens. It is that unique perspective that drives our passion for innovating and improving the live experience.
OVG is currently comprised of nine different business divisions that operate with one common goal in mind – to be a positive disruption. Each division is comprised of industry veterans who built their careers and reputations on the premise of leaving somewhere better and stronger than where they found it. Our immense practical and first-hand knowledge fosters an environment of trust, collaboration, and ingenuity. Humility is at our core. We do not strive to be the biggest – we strive to earn the respect of the industry and our clients through the world-class work that we do and we take pride in being the best. Visit www.oakviewgroup.com to learn more about our company.
ABOUT COACHELLA VALLEY ARENA:
America’s hottest music festival destination is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in the Fall of 2022, the Coachella Valley Arena will provide the greater Palm Springs area of Southern California with a premiere 11,500+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for hockey and concerts, the new arena will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music and sports venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home of the American Hockey League affiliate of the Seattle Kraken.
The Coachella Valley Arena is a $250+ million project that is being 100% privately funded through outstanding partners Oak View Group, Live Nation, and the NHL Seattle.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through exceptional sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, and honoring the culture and diversity of the cities that make up the Coachella Valley in Southern California.
The Vice President of Finance is a member of the senior management team for Oak View Group (OVG) at the Coachella Valley Arena. We are looking for a proactive, driven, and collaborative professional who will be responsible for helping establish the financial infrastructure and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- Coordinating and preparing the budget and financial forecasts
- Development and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures, and checklists.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Assist with projecting event deals, actual event P&L's, analysis, and "settlement" of shows on the night of events.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Oversee the revenue and expense recognition process so that it follows contract terms
- Recruit, manage and mentor team of accounting personnel, helping guide their professional development. Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion.
- Lead with the annual GAAP audit and timely financials, as well as various financial reports.
- Lead other special projects as requested by leadership.
- Responsible for creating a collaborative environment where all senior arena leadership participate in the budgeting and reporting processes to ensure the arena is a financial success.
- Oversee the review of monthly financial statements with all senior arena leadership team.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience, including experience managing other finance staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or similar focus; MBA/CPA a plus
- Superior Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, open to change and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and ambiguous environment; handle multiple tasks with the ability to re-prioritize and shift priorities quickly
- Written/Oral communications - ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Oak View Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
How many years have you worked in an Arena, Stadium, and/or Theatre?
Which entertainment or sports venues have you worked? Please include specific venue names